Complete your tea savories menu with this delicious Clam Chowder.
Yield: 10 cups
Write a review
- 4 tablespoons salted butter
- ¾ cup finely chopped yellow onion
- ⅓ cup finely chopped celery
- 2 (6.5-ounce) cans clams in broth
- 2 (8-ounce) bottles clam broth
- 2 cups seafood stock
- 7 cups peeled, diced russet potatoes
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1½ cups yellow corn kernels
- Garnish: crumbled cooked bacon, minced fresh parsley
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium low, and add onion and celery, stirring and cooking until tender, approximately 10 minutes.
- Drain broth from clams (reserving clams), and add broth to cooked vegetables.
- Add bottled clam broth, seafood stock, potatoes, garlic powder, white pepper, and salt. Bring to a boil, and then reduce heat to a simmer. Cook until potatoes are very tender, approximately 15 minutes.
- Add cream, stirring well.
- Using a hand-held immersion blender in a deep bowl, or using a regular blender, purée 2 cups soup. Return purée to pot, stirring until combined. Add corn kernels and reserved clams, and heat through.
- Garnish individual servings with bacon and parsley, if desired.
TeaTime Magazine http://staging.teatimemagazine.com/