Cream infused with an Earl Grey–Lavender tea blend makes these cheesecakes something special.
Earl Grey and Lavender-Infused Cheesecakes
Yield: 24 miniature cakes • Preparation: 10 minutes • Bake: 25 minutes • Cool: 1 hour • Refrigerate: 2 hours
Write a review
- 24 mini vanilla-flavored wafers
- ⅔ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1½ tablespoons Earl Grey–lavender black tea leaves*
- 1 teaspoon dried lavender
- 2 (3-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Garnish: fresh lavender
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Line a 12-well mini cheesecake pan with paper liners. Place a wafer in the bottom of each cup. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, bring cream to a boil over medium-high heat. Remove from heat. Add tea leaves and lavender to saucepan. Cover, and steep for 5 minutes. Strain, discarding tea and lavender. Let cream cool for 1 hour.
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar at high speed with an electric mixer until smooth, approximately 3 minutes. Add eggs, mixing until combined. Add cream mixture to cream-cheese mixture, mixing until combined.
- Pour batter into prepared wells of cheesecake pan. Wrap bottom of cheesecake pan with aluminum foil to keep out water. Place cheesecake pan in a roasting pan. Carefully add enough water to roasting pan to come halfway up sides of cheesecake pan.
- Bake until set, approximately 25 minutes. Remove cheesecake pan from roasting pan. Let cool in pan for 1 hour. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- To remove cheesecakes, place a cutting board over pan, and invert pan and board in one motion.
- Garnish cheesecakes with fresh lavender, if desired.
- *For testing purposes, we used Rishi Tea Earl Grey Lavender Organic Black Tea, rishi-tea.com
TeaTime Magazine http://staging.teatimemagazine.com/