These Golden Raisin and Orange Scones are full of delectable flavor.
Golden Raisin and Orange Scones
Write a review
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon fresh orange zest
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons cold salted butter, cut into pieces
- ½ cup golden raisins
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon cold heavy whipping cream, divided
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, orange zest, and salt, whisking well. Using a pastry blender, cut butter into flour mixture until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add raisins, stirring to blend.
- In a liquid-measuring cup, combine 1 cup cream and vanilla extract, stirring to blend. Add to flour mixture, stirring until mixture is evenly moist. (If dough seems dry, add more cream, 1 tablespoon at a time.) Working gently, bring mixture together with hands until a dough forms.
- Turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface. Knead gently 4 to 5 times. Using a rolling pin, roll dough out to a 1-inch thickness. Using a 2¼ -inch round cutter, cut 11 scones from dough, rerolling scraps as necessary. Place scones 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheet. Brush tops of scones with remaining 1 tablespoon cream.
- Bake until edges of scones are golden brown and a wooden pick inserted in the centers comes out clean, 18 to 20 minutes.
TeaTime Magazine http://staging.teatimemagazine.com/