This lemon curd is perfect as a spread for scones or for use as a filling.
Write a review
- 3 large eggs, lightly whisked
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon zest
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- In a medium bowl, combine eggs and egg yolks, whisking lightly.
- In the top of a double boiler over simmering water, combine sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice, and egg mixture, whisking to blend. Cook until thick, approximately 20 minutes, stirring often.
- Remove from heat and strain through a fine-mesh sieve into a plastic container. Cover top of curd with plastic wrap to prevent curd from forming a skin while cooling. Let cool to room temperature. Refrigerate until cold.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- • If you want the curd to be shinier, add 2 tablespoons butter while the curd is still hot, whisking to combine.
TeaTime Magazine http://staging.teatimemagazine.com/