Change the color of the pearlized sugar decorating these Maple–Sugar Cookie Ribbons to fit the cause you’re supporting. Pictured with Chocolate, Nut, and Goji Candies and Sweet Potato–Coconut Tartlets.
Maple–Sugar Cookie Ribbons
Yield: 3 dozen
Write a review
- 1 cup salted butter, softened
- 1½ cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon maple extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon butter extract
- 2 large eggs
- 3¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 (8-ounce) jar pearlized sugar*
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Line 2 rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine butter, sugar, maple extract, vanilla extract, and butter extract. Beat at medium speed with a mixer until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt, whisking well. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture, beating until incorporated.
- Divide dough in half, and shape into 2 disks. Wrap securely in plastic wrap, and refrigerate overnight.
- Working with one portion of dough at a time on a floured surface, roll out dough to a ¹⁄8-inch thickness. Cut into 5x¾-inch strips. Sprinkle with pearlized sugar, and press sugar lightly into dough.
- Place strips on prepared baking sheets, and shape each into a crossed ribbon.
- Bake until edges are just beginning to turn light golden, 9 to 11 minutes. Transfer cookies to wire cooling racks, and let cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container.
- *We used Wilton Sapphire Pearlized Sprinkles.
TeaTime Magazine http://staging.teatimemagazine.com/