Mix up a tasty spread for these Salmon-Chive Finger Sandwiches with canned salmon, mayonnaise, Kalamata olives, and fresh chives. Pictured with Brussels Sprouts Canapés with Hummus and Roasted Carrot Pesto and Mini Savory Mushroom-Corn Cheesecakes.
Salmon-Chive Finger Sandwiches
Write a review
- 2 (5-ounce) cans skinless, boneless salmon*
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped Kalamata olives
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 9 slices very thin white sandwich bread
- Garnish: fresh chives
- In a medium bowl, combine salmon, mayonnaise, celery, olives, parsley, chives, lemon zest, salt, and pepper, stirring well.
- Spread salmon mixture onto a bread slice. Top with another bread slice, and spread with salmon mixture. Top with a third bread slice to make a triple-stack sandwich. Repeat with remaining bread slices and salmon mixture.
- Using a serrated bread knife in a gentle sawing motion, trim and discard crusts from sandwiches. Cut each sandwich into 3 finger sandwiches.
- Tie a chive around each finger sandwich, trimming ends of chives as necessary.
- *We used Bumble Bee Skinless & Boneless Pink Salmon.
TeaTime Magazine http://staging.teatimemagazine.com/