A touch of lavender blends with white chocolate to make White Chocolate & Lavender Coconut Macaroons, a gluten-free treat.
White Chocolate & Lavender Coconut Macaroons
Yield: 22 cookies • Preparation: 20 minutes • Bake: 12 to 13 minutes
Write a review
- 1½ cups sweetened flaked coconut
- 2 ounces finely chopped white chocolate, such as Ghirardelli
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ teaspoon dried culinary lavender, such as McCormick’s
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 2 egg whites
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In the work bowl of a food processor, pulse coconut 2 to 3 times to chop slightly.
- In a medium bowl, combine coconut, white chocolate, sugar, lavender, and salt, stirring to blend. Add egg whites, stirring until mixture is uniformly moist.
- Using a levered 1-teaspoon scoop, drop coconut mixture 2 inches apart onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake until macaroons are set and edges are golden brown, 12 to 13 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack, and let cool completely. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
TeaTime Magazine http://staging.teatimemagazine.com/